About Me

My photo
I'm just a small town girl, going through life day by day. Seeing what happens next!

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Today my hoodie reads :Thankful for my Lord Jesus Christ!

So... i decided that i need to stop with my ho-hum additude. Nobody wants to listen to me whine and thinking about how depressed i am does nothing but make things worse. so, i am declairing today that i am happy!
I love my Lord Jesus Christ and to sit here and be blah blah blah-ing does not show that being a christian women is a great experience. I have been through several things in my life that lead me to be a little depressed here and there, but no matter what, I love God and i thank Him for helping me through it all. I thank Him in several ways, and if anybody out there reads this, maybe it can inspire you to do the same or something like it.

I thank God everytime i pray. For the things i DO have and try not to dwell on what i don't.
I tithe weekly 10% of our income. (and the weeks that we don't, we still keep track of what we do owe the Lord. We're by no means perfect and don't always tithe. We are still working on our trust. And trying to learn to put our full trust in Jesus)
I did this a couple years ago and am not sure why exactly i stopped. But i started doing it agian a couple weeks ago. I fast (give up) something for a week. This week it is chocolate. Last week it was coffee (which was a very hard one for me) and the week before it was soda. Next week will be chips (including crackers and popcorn and such). I am not always perfect at this. I have messed up a couple times this week, not relizing it until after the fact. So, i believe the Lord will forgive me, because it's not like i am eating the chocolate with it on my mind that i shouldn't. On day one (sunday) i ate a peanut butter cup and quickly relized i done wrong and didn't continue to eat the other 2 i had grabbed. 2 days ago, i took a small bite of my sister's chocolate chip pancake and then figured out i done wrong a couple hours later. Then yesterday i had hot chocolate mixed with coffee.
So, as you can see, i messed up quite a bit this week. But i am sorry and will try harder.


I try to listen to what the Lord wants from me. I gave alcohol up for a year, the whole time thinking it would be a forever thing. I was by no means an alcoholic or drank a lot. But i did love wine. I loved everything about it. Learning about it and trying differant ones. It was a passion. I learned that i should of been putting those passionate feelings towards Jesus and the Bible, rather than something that some see as a sin. I don't believe drinking is a sin, but i believe if you drink to get drunk, that is a sin. You are to treat your body as a temple and drinking to get drunk is doing the opposite. A little while ago, i felt i got the okay from Him to drink agian. But i will try with my hardest to not forget the lesson i learned.

*Sigh* so, when i comes down to it. Today i am happy that i have a Savior that loves me enough to give His life for me and take all the pain and punishment for my sins. So, i am putting a smile on my face and forgetting why i was upset. I can't be angry that i haven't gotten pregnant, i have a beautiful daughter and a wonderful son. There are people in the world that don't have that. So, i need to be thankful for what i do have.
My mother died almost 6 years ago. At least i knew she loved me and she was a wonderful mother for the 17 years i did have her. Some kids never get to have a loving mother or a mother at all. I need to be thankful for WHAT I DO/DID have.

My 12 year old neice has cancer. The outlook is that she will be okay. Thank the Lord! He could have taken her home to heaven. Also, she has a great love for Jesus and through this i believe she will touch many lives.
All and all i need to be thankful.

Today my hoodie reads :Thankful for my Lord Jesus Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment